Salary: Negotiable + commission
Role Responsibilities & Activities:
- Perform duties as assigned by the MEP/Process Department Manager.
- Project planning and monitoring.
- Manage design quality, progress and budget hours of the design team.
- Assist with the daily management and monitoring of the MEP Engineering Team in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the delivery quality of engineering services (designs, reports, specifications, calculations) complies with Company requirements
- Assist with project allocation and timesheet approvals.
- Undertake checking (quality assurance) of design drawings, specifications, reports and calculations prepared by his/her team members prior to external and/or internal issue.
- Ensure that Company’s design procedures and professional standards/rules are adhered too at all times.
- Lead the project team in preparing the design documents in AutoCAD and/or in Revit.
- Assist the team in preparing MEP design briefs, documents, design reports and specifications prior to the review of MEP Technical TLs.
- Ensure all the designs are in accordance with approved local and international standards/codes.
- Ensure the accuracy of all design calculations and drawings, and have these documents reviewed by MEP Technical TLs prior to external and/or internal issue.
- Review any propose technical innovations suggested by the design team. Ensure such suggestions are feasible and applicable to the project. Submit approved suggestion to the MEP Dept. -Manger for comments and approval.
- Lead the team in reviewing alternative design options and material submissions proposed by contractors. Provide any comments to the Project Manager and/or Dept. Manager for their endorsement.
- Liaise/interact with the project manager, project architects, other engineering disciplines, sub-consultants and clients as required.
- Manage interactions with other disciplines/departments as well as external parties i.e. clients, local authorities, contractors.
- Advise the Dept. Manager of any problems that may alter the target design completion/submission dates of any assigned project.
- Assist Dept. Manager in preparation of proposals and other tasks.
- Prepare a daily work record to monitor progress of the team and submit a weekly progress report of each project to the Dept. Manager.
- Undertake continuous professional training & development to maintain Chartered/Expert status.
- University graduate or Master of Science in Mechanical
- Be a licensed Mechanical Engineer, or possess at least equivalent Chartered or Registered Engineering accreditation and membership from a Professional Engineering Institution in another country.
- Proficient in English (listening, speaking, reading & writing).
- Good communication in both English and Vietnamese languages.
- Proficient in Revit, ACAD, MS office applications.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading MEP Engineering teams within a professional multinational organization.
- Previous experience working within an Engineering consulting environment, with a clear focus on design experience.
- At least 8 years of post graduate experience within their specialized discipline, preferably with professional foreign companies.
- Good understanding of QA procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of International Building Codes and Design Standards including environmental building standards (LEED and similar). Familiar with green building design is preferred.
- Intermediate leadership skills with the ability to manage teams with a strong results-orientation.
- Proven record of executed project is highly desired.
If you are open for a new opportunity, please contact Ms. Ni Pham at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.